bradubuntu linux

My experience setting up a computer with Ubuntu linux

23 May 2007

The Corollary to the Last Post

Since I mentioned that I would like to use Quod Libet as my music manager, I therefore have to eventually convert my wma music files to mp3 files. This is better in the long run for linux anyway, since many programs can't deal with wma files (like sound editors and such). It will take some time, but I do have access to the source for my wma files, so I can convert from the source instead of from my own unprotected wma files (which would be a copy of a copy).

Also, I'm really interested in the development of Songbird. It's basically a mashup of Rythmbox and Firefox. I think it's a perfect idea, and Songbird has a lot of great features. But it's still in development. I installed it on my test Ubuntu laptop, and I like it alot, but there are missing features and bugs right now, so I'll wait and see before I let it crunch on my main music collection.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home