bradubuntu linux

My experience setting up a computer with Ubuntu linux

05 September 2006

Why don't you post anymore?

Sandwich
If you get this, congratulations!

The reason I haven't posted to this blog in a very, very long time is that I needed to reinstall Windows XP on my PC shortly after I first installed Ubuntu, and of course Windows overwrote the whole boot setup so that I can't boot into Ubuntu anymore. It's an easy fix with a liveCD to re-edit the partition tables and assign the correct boot sector again, but I'm lazy. After the Windows reinstall, all I use my PC for is media (videos and mp3s), which XP is very good at, so I haven't felt the need to mess around with linux, unfortunately. Plus there's a new version of Ubuntu out now, and I'm not sure if I can just upgrade my current software, or if I have to reinstall the whole OS again. Anybody know?

Anyways, I had used up my XP home installs. Each install CDs can be used three times before you have to call in to activate Windows. So this last time I had to call in and it was such a pain in the ass that next time I will definitely switch 100% to Ubuntu. I'm keeping XP pretty clear of unecessary software right now, and it's running ever so smoothly, so it might be a while before that happens, but who knows.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home